When left untended, mold can cause a lot of damage. Mold, mildew and fungus pose three great risks:
- They can lead to excessive wood damage. Like termites,
- Mold and fungi release spores, which are their way of reproducing. These spores float around in the air of the home and pose inhalation risks to those living in the home. These spores are considered to be a major allergen and rank with pollen as a main source of contaminants for allergy sufferers.
- Some types of molds and fungus release highly toxic “mycotoxins” which are by-products that develop and then release during growth. These mycotoxins can cause severe adverse health problems for many people.
In short, mold should not be permitted to grow and multiply indoors. When this happens, health problems can occur and building materials, goods, and furnishings may be damaged.
Before and After
Steri- Mobile Process for mold Remediation in Attics
- Containment is designed to prevent the movement of mold spores from one area of the building to another.
- Removal of all contaminated material in 6ml double bags.
- Destruction of mold spores on the remaining framing and sheathing with a fogging process that also destroys the roots which can be embedded as much as 1/8” into the wood
- Removal of all remaining dead mold stains with a spraying process.
- An application of a borate based inhibitor to reduce the chances of any mold growth.
- Applying a high level ozone shock treatment to the entire attic to ensure all mold spores in the air a killed as well as any other bacteria.