Steri Mobile is a certified mold remediation service provider. We can remove mold from surfaces and from the air.
Left untreated, the presence of mold in your home can cause serious health problems and damage to the structure of the building. But there’s more to mold remediation than just the clean-up. Not only will Steri Mobile completely eliminate the mold from your home, we will dig deep and identify the root of the problem to determine the cause so that you can prevent it from ever happening again.
Common areas of the home where mold is found
1 Attic mold is typically discovered on the sheathing and trusses because of lack of ventilation. This occurs for the following reasons:
- The soffits are blocked not allowing proper air flow
- Bathroom fans are vented into attic or soffit
- Maximum vent and gable vents are both open resulting in incorrect air flow
- Vapor barrier installed on back of insulation is degraded allowing more hot air to rise from the house than can be ventilated out the vents
Do you have mold in your attic? Click here to learn more about Steri Mobile’s mold remediation process specifically for attics.
2 Bathroom mold is a result of hot moist air being trapped in the room and not being exhausted. The condensation will then turn into mold
3 Kitchen mold is usually a result of a plumbing system that has leaked at some point. The resulting water after 24-48 hrs. will turn into mold
4 Basement mold can be created for a variety of reason. Bottom line there is water penetration which results in the formation of mold. Some reasons could be:
- The foundation taking on too much water. Remember cement is porous and can only hold so much water.
- The exterior siding/brickwork has improper drainage.
- Basement window caulking degraded
- Deck flashing improperly installed
Why should mold be eliminated?
When left untended, mold can cause a lot of damage. Mold, mildew and fungus pose three great risks:
- Can lead to excessive wood damage like termites.
- Mold and fungi release spores, which are their way of reproducing. These spores float around in the air of the home and pose inhalation risks to those living in the home. These spores are considered to be a major allergen and rank with pollen as a main source of contaminants for allergy sufferers.
- Some types of molds and fungus release highly toxic “mycotoxins” which are by-products that develop and then release during growth. These mycotoxins can cause severe adverse health problems for many people.
Mold should not be permitted to grow and multiply indoors. When this happens, health problems can occur and building materials, goods, and furnishings may be damaged.