Our process is far more effective and contains more steps than any other company
Leaks from the roof, excessive moisture and humidity create the perfect breeding ground for mold to grow in your attic and it’s a problem that is easily overlooked considering how little time we spend in our attics. If left untended, mold can spread through your heating and ventilation system, affecting the air quality of your entire home. Not only do we kill the mold in your attic but we tell you WHY you have mold. If the conditions are not corrected then the mold will absolutely return during the following heating season. As certified mold inspectors and remediators we ensure the correct process is adhered to because your family deserves a safe and healthy home.
Our Attic Mold Removal Process
- L’endiguement est conçu pour empêcher le déplacement des spores de moisissure d’une partie du bâtiment à une autre.
- Enlèvement de tout matériel contaminé à l’aide de sacs 6 mil doublés.
- Destruction de spores de moisissure sur la charpente et le revêtement restant à l’aide d’un processus qui détruit aussi les racines, celles-ci pouvant être enfoncées dans le bois jusqu’à 1/8” en profondeur.
- Élimination de toute tache de moisissure morte à l’aide d’un processus de vaporisation.
- Application d’un inhibiteur à base de borate pour minimiser les chances de développement de moisissure.
- Application d’un traitement choc à l’ozone au grenier en entier pour s’assurer que les spores de moisissure et toute autre bactérie dans l’air sont éliminées.
The Advantages of our Process
We begin by isolating the attic from the rest of the house. Next we SATURATE the trusses and sheathing with a formulated disinfectant by fogging the total attic. We begin with this because when mold senses it is being attacked it releases its spore into the air, this is a phenomenon called bursting or sporulation. Our product is unique among the mold killing chemicals as it is the only liquid I know that will completely destroy a spore (mold seed).
Therefore we kill the spores before they have an opportunity spread. The next step in the process is application of a stain removing solution. We do this because (while truly only cosmetic in nature) failure to apply the stain remover will result in the perception (home inspectors) that the mold is still active. The following step allows for the long term success of the process. We apply an environmentally friendly solution of borate designed to penetrate the substrate a full inch (mold roots only grow 3/16’s of an inch into the wood). This treatment prevents decay and dry rot fungi and it also prevents wood boring insects carpenter ants and termites from infesting the area.
The last step in the remediation process is as important as any of the first three steps. Scientists at Los Alamos national laboratory in the U.S. have extensively studied how to decontaminate a civil facility like a house that has been contaminated by a spore based pathogen like toxic mold. Their conclusion was that if you only follow the guidelines recommended for mold remediation (New York City Protocol) you will still leave the building contaminated with mold spores. To successfully decontaminate a structure/ area it was determined an injection of toxic levels of a reactive gas like ozone was absolutely required. Ozone gas can penetrate all the areas in the attic where ( unfortunately) liquid based chemicals/products can’t reach thus insuring the destruction of any spores that might have been missed because we can’t see them ( The head of a pin can house 10,000 spores).